If I Could Write to the Kid I Was Before...

1:08 PM
22 November 2014.
To myself, 22 November 2004.

Hi Sheyla! You've just begun junior high, and you're gonna enjoy your teenage years, I promise! You're not gonna be a popular student, but you have some friends who'll make wonderful memories for you. No, you're not gonna be friends with them anymore, though. But embrace your time with them. You're gonna spend lots of time at the library, I know! Thank you for that.
You're gonna like a guy or two, just like any other girls your age, but don't date any of them. Just no. Wait for that, later.

Oh, you're now dreaming to meet Westlife and some other idols you have? Don't worry, you'll get that sorted out. You're dreaming to be standing on press pits on concerts? You will. Keep fangirling. I know, you're feeling uncomfortable because people look at you weirdly as a fangirl. But don't worry, you will have tons of wonderful experience and amazing friends through it.

Sheyla, I'll tell you a fun fact. You will get into an amazing University, will live together with friends, and you can speak English all the time, without people telling you "sok inggris!" Fun, huh? Your University life will be the best times of your life!

Dear Sheyla, you can't imagine what your future will be. What you will be and who you will spend your life with. I can't either, because I'm still figuring out. You will make some mistakes, have some regrets, but don't worry, that's what makes you human. You'll learn from it. But seriously, you'll have a wonderful life. You will come to concerts every month! You will meet and chat with your favorite musicians. You will love someone. You will have friends you can count on. After you graduate University, you and your friends will grow apart, you will barely meet them. But you will always try to stay in contacts. Keeping your friends for life. You'll feel lonely sometimes, but you'll be an independent girl. You're gonna make lots of friends! You might be surprised if you know who you'll make friends with in the future!You're a shy girl. You sometimes feel intimidated by some girls at school. Don't worry. Just keep trying to socilize and make new friends, okay? Just enjoy your teenage years. You're not gonna be friends with them anymore, anyway.

I still haven't made it to England and Ireland, I'm sorry. But I promise, we'll get there one day!
Keep dreaming, 'cause dreams keep you alive. I'll work hard to make them come true for you. For us.


No comments:

Theme images by latex. Powered by Blogger.