New Obsession: Set It Off

9:16 PM
Hello beautiful people!
Been wanting to tell you about my new favorite band for a few months, but I kept procrastinating. Sorry, I'm such a great procrastinator! :p

So yes, I have a new obsession: SET IT OFF!!

They're not that well known in Indonesia, but I know they're gonna make it big here! I first knew them through As It Is because they were gonna tour together, with Against the Current and ROAM, too! I started listening to their songs and I liked them.

One day, Patty Walters posted this on instagram:

I thought "wow this band is extraordinary!"


Then Against the Current did a cover with Set It Off!

It blew my mind!! It's really fucking good! I started digging them.
I downloaded all their albums and I was like "whoa!!! I have a future with this band!"
I knew I was gonna be obsessed over them!
Their latest album, Duality is just so awesome and so... human. I can relate so much to this album. This album is basically about human. We have both good and bad side. We have strong and fragile side. Nobody's perfect, and they say it so beautifully.
Came a time when watching Why Worry video on YouTube is on my everyday to-do-list.

This song has helped me so much. There was a time when dad was hospitalized for a month, and every time I got so worried about him, I would listen to this song. There were sleepless nights with lots of tears, and this song was like the medication of my soul. You wouldn't understand how much this song means to me.

I've read fans' stories about meeting Set It Off and I'm absolutely waiting for my chance to meet them one day, hug them tight and thank them for helping me through their music. They're so nice to their fans, listening to their stories, care about them so much. They're one of the most genuine bands I've ever liked. They're just amazing. I'm on the other side of the globe, but I believe one day I will meet them too, because that's what Dream Catchers do: keep believing. I hope all the best for them. 

Set It Off have a new project to reach their fans through https://musikee.com/setitoff/. It's awesome! Through this project, I do hope that they will read this post and at least know that they have a massive fan here in Indonesia.

I can confirm that I am now a Dream Catcher!
Got it sent to Indonesia just because Cody (and Patty) are on the cover!
Now, there is never a day without me listening to their songs.


Me with Duality Diamond on holiday

No comments:

Theme images by latex. Powered by Blogger.