Last day at Kemlu

9:20 AM
Hello! This is probably my last post that I write at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, because it's my last day of internship here. what amazing 3 months!
A little dream of mine has come true.
in high school, I always dreamt of working at Kemlu. I love politics and economy very much, I learned a lot from school. When my teacher asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up, the optimistic young me, with sparkling eyes, would directly say: "An Ambassador, sir!" then my teacher told me to pursue my dream. *Geez. I wanna cry
Since then, I read so many books about history, politics, economy..
Dreams were so easy to have back then.
When my dad and I drove pass the office of Kemlu, I always said: "look dad, I'll end up there one day!"
When I saw  'Kementerian Luar Negeri' bus on the street, I said to my heart that one day I was gonna hop on that bus.
and it all came true. Well yeah, I don't work here, but at least I have my own experience here. *holding tears
In university, I lost my interest in International Relations. I felt like I wasn't good enough for this.
Somehow, fate has its own way. I ended up here for internship.
On the first days, when I woke up in the morning, I cried. I didn't wanna get up and go to the office. I didn't like anything related to IR. I didn't wanna do it. My mum kept supporting me.
I did it anyway, and days went by, I started to like IR again. it wasn't that bad!
I had a little contribution to my country, for its international role. I felt awesome! I loved it.
My seniors here kept helping me, kept giving me new knowledge, I thank them for that. very much.

Everything must come to an end. and here I am. Last day of internship at Kemlu.
Thanks to everyone who helped me and taught me so many lessons.
Thank you.

No comments:

Theme images by latex. Powered by Blogger.